Branding: A Day in the Life!

  •  What sites and/or applications do you visit most often? Describe the sites and applications that you identify.
            On a daily basis, whether or not I recognize it, I spend the majority of my time on social media. From Twitter to Facebook, Instagram to Tiktok, Reddit to Pinterest and everything in between, I am constantly browsing these networks. I use each site for unique reasons, and never the same between the two. On Facebook I organize trades between other people who share the collectible hobbies I have, and am able to grow my collections through this avenue. Pinterest serves as a huge inspiration for a lot of my crafts, as I can be found crocheting or working with other medium during any given time. Having the ability to connect with people who share my interests on a daily basis keeps my creative juices flowing!

  • Do you have positive or negative reactions when using certain types of digital media? 
            I think I can speak for almost all social media users, in saying that my reactions to the interactions I have on social media can vary from day to day. This largely can depend on the other people involved in these interactions, as there is an environment of toxicity brewing beneath social media's pretty polished surface. While these less than savory interactions are just around any corner, I do find myself with an overwhelmingly positive experience online. The instant access to unlimited relationships that can be built is truly one of the best consequences to this innovation of digital media.

  • Do you find that your needs are satisfied using one type of digital media over another?
            I have somewhat of a guilty pleasure for long form commentary style videos, primarily on YouTube. I could sit for hours working on a project and listen to sometimes hour or more long videos where people just discuss their opinions or share basis facts about a variety of topics. I feel like not only am I learning something, but also being kept entertained by these types of videos.

  • Do you receive emails from companies? If so, what types of email catch your attention? What do you look for? 
            I receive FAR too many emails from companies. I have a nasty habit of signing up for every single newsletter I come across, having been lured in by 5% off coupons or promises of being alerted of the latest sales. When I do open any of these emails, it's likely because there is a coupon being advertised inside by the title of the email. It's relatively uncommon for me to open newsletters for any other reason, unless I know there is something inside I'm already interested in or that can save me a few dollars.

  • What do you notice about the use of digital media in marketing today? Explain.
            I think it is safe to say that in this day in age, companies are essentially required to use digital media in marketing. There is hardly anyone that does not have access to a smartphone or computer, and this massive audience is critical for marketing products and ideas. I do notice, that many companies are relying more and more on influencers, the new celebrities, to advertise their products.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Under Armour, Where Do We Go From Here?

Effectively Impacting the Consumer Through Digital Media